- Represented a diagnostic division of the world’s largest medical device and diagnostic company via prosecution of US and foreign patent portfolio and management of freedom to operate program.
- Extensive experience in preparation, prosecution and management of worldwide patent portfolio in a Fortune 500 food company.
- Provided litigation support in the form of competitive patent portfolio analysis to one of the world’s largest food manufacturers.
- Advised Fortune 500 clients on in-house IP management issues.
- Managed an agreement program for one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products.
- Prepared and prosecuted patent applications for a global Fortune 100 company in the areas of semiconductor materials, fuel cell technology, and jet turbines.
- Counseled and represented privately held company in acquisitions.
- Provided litigation support in the form of competitive patent portfolio analysis.
- Assisted in training of in-house personnel in light of rule changes at the US Patent Office.
- Analyzed court decisions and assisted clients in reaching filing decisions and strategies.
- Provided cost effective, strategic and successful preparation and prosecution of patent applications for a leading worldwide provider of industrial sealants and construction products.
- Provided cost effective, strategic and successful preparation and prosecution of patent applications for a Fortune 100 company in the areas of commodity chemical manufacturing and agricultural chemicals.
“I had the opportunity to work with Kim during my tenure at the University of MN Technology Transfer office. Kim’s representation of the University included patent preparation and prosecution services, as well as litigation support. Kim provided high quality results that met University goals and the goals of the faculty with whom she worked. I never had to worry about missed deadlines or unmet expectations. Kim’s accessibility and efficiency consistently resulted in excellent work product at low cost. Kim is driven, self-confident, committed, smart and client-focused.
Were I to be in a position tasked with hiring outside patent counsel in the future, I would certainly hire Kim.”
– Anthony L. Strauss, Esq.